Penguin-infested N64 Sherbet Land
Wiimmfi competition #109 (2019-06.2)
A race is under way on penguin-infested N64 Sherbet Land. There are lots of cute penguins everywhere, but keep your eyes on the road!
The competition ends on Wednesday 19 June 2019, 11:59 PM UTC
Top 20 rankings of 104 total of this competition
|Rank||Time||Mii name||Friend code||Country||Driver||Vehicle||Controller||Video|
|7th||2:28.582||Bilaal$$™||0048-9524-9659||Dry Bones||Jet Bubble||Nunchuk||—|
|8th||2:28.926||@τεσναηι69||5460-6109-3950||Mii A (1♂)||Magikruiser||Gamecube||—|
|14th||2:31.625||☆Frosty||2754-7803-8717||Baby Daisy||Magikruiser||Wii Wheel||—|
How to get competitions?
The competition patcher is finally finished - here is a tutorial on how to patch your console to download competitions from Wiimmfi.
- Step 1: Start the unmodified original game (from disc or from USB), but not the Wiimmfi-patched version
- Step 2: Go to Settings → Nintendo WFC Connection ("Network settings" in NTSC) → Message Service. If you have subscribed the service, unsubscribe it and subscribe again.
If you haven't enabled the service yet, activate it. If you get error 109139, make sure WC24 is enabled in the Wii settings.
- Step 3: Run the competition patcher
(Step 2 is only needed if you'd like to receive announcement letters to your message board).
You then need to use use a Wiimmfi-patched ISO or CTGP with disabled CTs and no SD card savegame. The Auto Wiimmfi Patcher (which patches a disc on the
fly) might also work if you use version v0.5 or higher, but that hasn't been tested yet.
In case you still haven't received the competition after 12 hours although your Wii has been in standby (yellow LED) you may try to follow these steps again and press "1"
when the patcher finished. This makes the Wii immediately check for a new competition, but this may break automatic standby checks for new competitions,
so only do that if the standby download doesn't work for you anyways.
The WiiU has no WiiConnect24 download manager, so a permanent patch for automatic downloads is not possible. You will need to run the downloader app every time you'd like to check for a new competition.
Just download it to your SD card and run it to download the current competition to your savegame.
The effects of this patcher are reset when you leave the vWii, so you need to run it every time.
You can find a video tutorial on YouTube: Wii | WiiU
Competitions available: 40/46
5 competitions missing (2 completely, 3 partially)
In order to encourage people to run the patcher on other, old Wii consoles which they may still have, too, every player who uploads one of the missing competitions with the patcher will get a reward:
I'll contact the player (by posting his Wii FC here and waiting for him to answer), and then the player can choose which competition should be the next one to run on Wiimmfi
(only ones which we have and which
didn't run recently).
- June 1st, 2016: AndyK has sent me the missing competition "Luigi Circuit: Wii-Wheel, karts only, no items". His chosen competition - Dry Bowser shooting fire balls on N64 Bowser Castle (karts only) - started on June 15th.
- September 17th, 2016: The console 0832-7611-5470-3094 has uploaded the partially missing competition "Luigi Circuit, bikes only, Wii Wheel, no items" - if you own this console, feel free to contact me
with proof and you can pick the next competition
- May 6th, 2017: The console 6989-0971-1447-2205 (in-game friend code 2582-9827-8381) has uploaded the partially missing competition "VS race on Mario circuit" - if you
own this console and would like to pick a competition, contact me with proof that you own this console
- December 27th, 2017: The console 2928-6563-3994-5170 has uploaded the partially missing competition "Penguins on N64 Sherbet Land"
- February, 14th, 2018: The console 5150-1142-2295-9400 has uploaded the missing competition "Giant Pokey on Thwomp Desert"!
Has the patch been successful?
Enter your Wii friend code (from the address book in the system menu) to check if your Wii has already requested a competition.
Collecting competition data
If you visited this page to upload your save game to help us collect all the different competitions, you can upload it with this form:
This upload form is currently broken. Please try again later.
This form supports VFF files (wc24dl.vff file from your savegame), BIN files (a complete savegame) and
RKC files (the competition itself, whereever you might have got that from).
The wc24dl.vff file can either be copied from your savegame directly (when you extracted it to SD card with an app
like Savegame Manager GX) or can also be taken from old NAND
backups. Old NAND backups are a great source for the older competitions as the save game tends to have a newer one.
You can extract a Bootmii NAND backup (nand.bin) with tools like nandExtract;
the VFF file can then be found in /title/00010004/524d43xx/data/, where xx is a region-specific value.
If you have an old wc24dl.vff / data.bin file on your SD card, please upload it with the form above. If you don't, please don't just copy the current one from your Wii to the
SD card and upload that, instead, just use the competition patcher to upload the version which is currently on your Wii - files uploaded using the patcher can automatically be
checked for new competitions by the competition service - for files uploaded with the form this is not the case and we need to manually check if it contains a missing
The patcher checks for and uploads the following files:
- Original Mario Kart Wii savegame (PAL/USA/JAP/KOR)
- Wiimms MKW Fun savegame (PAL/USA/JAP)
from the following sources:
- Wii NAND
- SD/USB: /private/wii (system menu)
- SD/USB: /FSTOOLBOX (FStoolbox)
- SD/USB: /savegames (Savegame Manager GX)
- SD/USB: /WIISAVES (Savegame Extractor)
- SD/USB: /riivolution (Riivolution / CTGP)
More information about competition collecting can be found here.